Property management tools help unlock the true potential of the rental business, empowering landlords to navigate the dynamic landscape of property management effortlessly.
These tools, such as Avail and RentRedi, help landlords take their business to new heights and streamline the tenant experience. But how do you know which one to choose?
Let’s compare Avail vs. RentRedi, focusing on their features, pricing, and benefits. Before you decide, we’ll introduce Baselane’s all-in-one banking, rent collection, and landlord accounting features and show how our free software fills the gaps.
Owned by Realtor.com, Avail helps landlords market vacant properties, create lease agreements, manage tenants, and collect online rental payments. They have two options, one is free but has limited features, and the other is $7 per month per property.
Avail offers a range of features for both landlords and tenants. The platform offers landlords the following products:
- List their properties on a dozen rental sites
- Manage online rent collection
- And tracking rental income
The platform allows users to request, review, and compare online rental applications and use the online tenant portal for making payments and submitting maintenance requests.
Property managers can conduct credit, background, and conviction checks, access legally-reviewed rental lease agreements, and manage maintenance requests. Avail also offers some rental property account features.
Pros and cons of using Avail
As with all software, the Avail platform has pros and cons. We collected and analyzed online reviews and forums to provide a summary of the pros and cons of using Avail.
- Opportunity to perform a range of activities from advertising vacancies to signing leases
- Have a free option with limited features
- Great customer support
- Notification system streamlines management
- Easy to track tenant processes, such as payments and maintenance requests
- Reporting feature has room for improvement
- No space for document storage outside of the lease
- Reports of scammers using the platform
- No stand-alone mobile app
- Limited financial features
- UI is not as intuitive as it could be
- Single-user access
Pricing and plans available for Avail
So, how much does Avail cost? Avail offers two pricing plans, offering an affordable solution for landlords to manage rental listings.
The unlimited free plan offers syndicated listings, background screening, state-specific leases, online rent collection, maintenance tracking, tenant portal, and property accounting.
The Unlimited Plus plan costs $7 per unit per month. It includes all of the features in the Unlimited plan and several premium features. For example, FastPay rent payments, waived ACH fees, customizable applications and leases, clone and reuse lease agreements, and creation of property websites.
RentRedi is a paid property management tool that offers a full suite of property management features to meet the needs of self-managing landlords.
The easy-to-use mobile landlord app streamlines the property management process. Suited for small landlords and property managers, RentRedi attracts a range of customers to their product which offers convenient features, such as live customer support and the option to manage tenant communication.
RentRedi allows users to set up and manage rental payments and for tenants to submit payments via mobile. Tenants can also make maintenance requests through RentRedi, while property managers can manage and outsource maintenance needs.
Property managers can list and market properties, track status reports, and access tenant screens and the application process through RentRedi. Once a tenant is confirmed, RentRedi allows for secure lease signing and document sharing, with the option of a low-cost insurance partnership for renter’s insurance.
Pros and cons of using RentRedi
RentRedi customers offer additional insight into the platform’s pros and cons, some of which are summarized here.
- Options for online rent collection (ACH, credit or debit card)
- A cloud-based platform that is accessible from anywhere
- Have a mobile app with in-app communication such as rent reminders and notifications
- Nuanced features such as charging late fees, screening tenants, and accessible property listings
- Good customer service
- No free plans available (might be too expensive for smaller landlords)
- Delay between tenant payment and deposit being made – takes 4-5 days
- No free payment options for tenants, and difficulty managing tenant payments
- Some functions are not intuitive or clumsy, such as listing multiple properties, outdated user experience
- Difficult to review payments and create reports
- Limited accounting features
Pricing and plans available for RentRedi
RentRedi follows a subscription-based model with the option to pay monthly, quarterly, or annually. There is also the option to use their financial and accounting features monthly for an added fee.
As a guideline, consider the following RentRedi pricing guidelines, with the opportunity to save money when signing up for longer subscriptions.
- Monthly — $19.95 per month, renews monthly
- Bi-annually — $15 per month, renews every six months
- Annually — $9 per month, renews annually
Baselane vs. Avail and RentRedi
Baselane is a comprehensive platform consolidating all property banking and finance requirements into a centralized solution. By enhancing the features offered by RentRedi and Avail, Baselane effectively simplifies and streamlines rental property finances for both landlords and renters.
Like Avail and RentRedi, Baselane offers powerful features that make the landlord’s job easier (and the tenant’s experience more enjoyable). Unlike Avail and RentRedi, Baselane has a modern user interface and experience that is more focused on the financial management of rental properties.
Trusted by more than 30,000 landlords and investors, Baselane boasts additional financially-centric features to streamline your business.
Baselane provides the following and is Free to use for landlords and tenants:
- Banking built for landlords with high rewards and organization
- Automated and free online rent collection
- Robust Accounting and bookkeeping, including reporting and analytics
- Transparent and competitive insurance
- Free rental estimation tool
- Free rental property ROI Calculator
Cutting-edge financial features and advantages
Baselane makes accounting and bookkeeping easy and efficient, with the option to easily categorize transactions and stay on top of all income and expenses. Automated income and expense tracking is further streamlined with robust reporting and analytics.
Baselane banking is built with landlords and real estate investors in mind. The feature helps organize accounts, earn 1-5% cash back and high APY interest, make and accept payments, and integrate with Baselane’s other financial tools.
Banking also includes a security deposit account for landlords, which helps control spending and efficiently collect and return security deposits. With these features neatly integrated, landlord accounting helps landlords keep track of cash flow in a single space, tag and simplify transactions, streamline taxes, and seamlessly merge with banking.
Additional pros to consider
Baselane’s financial features are free to use, making the platform a sophisticated and free choice for landlord banking, bookkeeping, and rent collection. But that’s not all.
- Modern and easy-to-use UI/UX
- High APY interest rate of 4.24% and up to 5% cashback
- Supports multiple payment methods for tenant rent payments
- Competitive loans
- Attain competitive and fast insurance
- Completely free to use
The Best Property Management Software For Your Needs
After comparing RentRendi vs. Avail, it’s easy to identify how property management tools can streamline a landlord’s experience — and where these tools fall short. Unlike RentRedi and Avail pricing models, which come at a fee, Baselane offers a free service with added modern financial features that set it apart.
Discover what Baselane can do for you, and sign up for a free trial today.